Today when my neighbor met my mom she kissed my mom's hand and placed it on her forehead. This is a beautiful gesture of respect and it just made me feel so honored that my neighbor did that. I know it probably sounds weird, or like nothing special. But here, it's a really kind thing to do.
I just love how elders are treated here. Everyone has been so excited that my mom is coming. Since her arrival they have called and texted to make sure she arrived safely and to give their greetings. When mom went to the girls' school with me on Monday, everyone noticed and many were quick to welcome her. Lucy's teacher even came out especially to meet my mom and welcome her.
I know it's probably a little confusing and overwhelming for mom, but I feel so proud and blessed by the way others are honoring my mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment