Powered by Blogger.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Organization 101

I am writing this post as a part of Kelly's Show Us Your Life series.  Every week she highlights a different topic.  When I saw that this week was going to be on organization, I knew that I had to join in.  I LOVE to organize!  When things are neat, clean, and simple life is good in my book.

So, this is my simple organization tip:

We live in an apartment in a huge city, so this is my little laundry hub.

My kids' laundry bins.

Each of my kids has two laundry bins.  When I fold laundry I sort their things right into their bins.  Also, when I pick up stray toys, papers, etc. that get left around our apartment I toss them into their bins.  Each day they take their bin to their room and put all the contents away.  Once emptied, that bin stays in their room to collect dirty clothes.  Then they bring the other bin to my little laundry spot so I can sort and wash their clothes.

Even when we lived in America I used this system.  And, I started when my kids were quite young.  It does take a bit of patience as they learn to put their things away.  I have had to get used to the fact that their drawers are not as neat as I would like them to be.  But, as my kids grow they are getting better at keeping their drawers neater.  And really, since they dress themselves and put their own clothes away, I don't even really have to see their drawers!

That's my little tip for today.  It is so simple and really is a big help around the house!


Go over to Kelly's site for more great organization tips!





3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love this! My son is only 6 months old but I will be using this tip when he is old enough. :)

Alexis said...

Great idea!! Thanks for sharing!!

Sarah said...

Love the idea! My mom did this when I was younger. Each day when we came home from school the basket was on the kitchen table waiting for us to take into our room! I had forgotten about that!