Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday with Mom

Mom arrived yesterday late morning.  We got her home, let her unpack, and then ate lunch.  After lunch she couldn't stay awake a minute longer.  So, she laid down for a nap.  Actually, Justin and I did, too.  After a good sleep we all felt better.  We walked down to the park to get some exercise and let the kids play.

Later on, it was so fun to get to sit down to dinner together and just chat away!  I think the kids were still trying to get their minds around the fact that Gamma was here.

Today was a quiet day.  I finally let Lucy sneak in and wake Gamma up at 10.  After a big coffee she was feeling fine!  We played dominos, Barbies, and house with the girls.

They went to school at 12:40, and I had to go to my language lesson at 1:00.  For some dumb reason, I started language lessons again, right before mom got here.  I don't know why I didn't just wait two weeks.  Anyhow, mom assured me that she would be fine alone at home.  So I headed out for my 2 hours of torture.

After my lesson mom and I just hung out and talked until it was time to go get the girls.  Mom walked to school with me, and she sure caused some heads to turn.  Everyone was excited to see that my mom had come.

After dinner, mom helped out with the nightly routine.  Having one adult per kid is awesome!  We stayed up a little bit too late talking.  I just love hanging out with my mom.  She is the BEST!!

No comments: