Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Surprise!!

When my mom decided to come visit six weeks ago, I decided to wait to tell the kids.  I didn't want them to ask me every second, "Is Gamma coming today?"  But as her visit drew near, I just didn't know when to tell them.  So, in the end, we decided to let it be a surprise.  It was so hard and we almost slipped a bunch of times.

Finally, the day arrived!  We told the kids that we had to pick someone up from the airport for a friend.  They sort of begrudgingly made the trip.

(Excuse the terrible phone pics!)

Waiting for our mystery guest.

When someone is coming we stand there and stare at the arrivals board and double doors.

Justin, Callie, and Noah

Noah was so mad I made him come to the airport.
I almost let him stay home and pay the consequences of being a grump!

I totally expected the kids to see Gamma, scream, and go running at her.  But, when she walked out, they just sort of stood there in shock.  One of them said, "that lady looks like Gamma!"  She spotted us and headed over.  I said, "That is Gamma!"  Finally they got the surprise!

Gamma zooming over to us.

Everyone running over to hug Gamma!

 Everyone needed huge hugs.

The kids were so excited to realize that Gamma had come to visit.


Gamma will be here for two weeks, and we plan to have so much fun with her!!!

No comments: