Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Christmas Day

I promise that this is the last post about Christmas.  I do not promise that this post will be short!  This blog doubles as our family scrapbook so it is important to me to try to document as much as I can.

Since we had been out very late the night before, I told the kids not to get out of bed until 8:00... and they didn't get out of bed!  It was amazing.  But, you better believe that the very second their clocks struck 8:00 they came tearing into our room, jumping up and down, and so excited that I thought they might bust!  I made Justin some coffee right quick and we headed to the family room.

We started off by opening up our stockings



Lucy got some "Lippys" in her stocking and couldn't wait to share!

Noah got vampire teeth.

Then the kids begged and pleaded with us to let them open just one gift before breakfast.  We caved.  They each ran to the tree and picked a gift.  They had been plotting and already had the gift they wanted to open picked out (probably for days).

The game he really wanted.

Polly Pocket from Noah.

We ate a quick and delicious breakfast.  Then opened up our presents.

So happy with her new toys.

Couldn't figure out what to play with first.

Open it, open it, Daddy!!

Lucy got a barn with five baby horses in it.  She was in heaven.

Callie got a karaoke-style game that requires a microphone.  Heaven help us!

Her bunny, Lily, got some cute new clothes.


Lucy got the closest thing to a real dog that she will ever get!
She loves this dog!

Every girl needs a sequined beret!


We managed to take a break from playing at about 4:00 and eat our feast.

This Christmas was so fun and full of blessings!  We got to talk with both of our families over Skype in the evening.  That always makes the distance a little bit better!  We also went to visit our friends for a little bit and take them some treats.  

Just as the day was winding down and we were starting to think about putting Noah and Callie to bed (Lucy had already melted-down and gone to bed) our neighbors came over to help us celebrate our holiday.  They had sweet gifts for the kids and it ended up being a fun surprise.

The End!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that it was a delightful for all of you.

Pat said...

This Gamma can never get enough of pictures of each of you as you go about living and celebrating your lives! Love these of Christmas and love each of you.