Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Kahve

The ladies in my building are all about to descend on my flat for coffee.  We used to do a big "tea party"  with lots of food, but it got to be too much for most of them.  So this year they scaled it back and we just serve coffee.  No one is allowed to make any type of food.  If they do, they will ruin it for the ladies that follow because they will feel obligated to make something as well.

To prepare for them I...

-cleaned like a crazy woman (they firmly believe that cleanliness is next to Godliness- to be called "clean" is a high compliment)

-washed my carpets

-put on my nice long skirt and fancy knee-highs

-got out all of our slippers (house-shoes) and lined them up by the door

-washed and prepared my best coffee cups

-filled my sugar dish

-put away anything breakable so that the babies who are not yet in school won't hurt themselves

-lit a few candles so my flat would smell nice

-bought some freshly ground coffee (I am going to make some "American Coffee" for them which is essentially like filtered coffee but with a french press.  They typically only drink instant Nescafe or Turkish coffee.  I'll make Turkish coffee, too.)

-made an awesome Johnny Cash mix to play for them.

Just kidding about that last one!  That's for me!

Please pray that my home is full of Christ's presence and that His grace abounds in me!

4 comments:

maysville said...

I'll have Turkish Coffee please...

Anonymous said...

I would be hard pressed to choose between the Turkish coffee and the American. I am sure that it was a lovely afternoon for all of you.

Elizabeth said...

Hey Scott,

Next time I'm in GA I'll make you one. I make a mean Turkish coffee!!

Unknown said...

hi justin + elizibeth
i had problems w/ my hot mail account and now have google.this is a test
i love your christmas cards
e me @ wagonmaster55@ gmail.com
clyde