Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Stop Reading...

... if you don't like whining! Personally, I hate whining. When my kids whine my head practically explodes. But I just have to whine because to be perfectly honest, I feel right sorry for myself these days!

We are desperately searching for a flat in a new un-reached area of the city. We have been walking the streets, praying, searching for a flat. Still nothing. NOTHING! Not one! Our landlord called yesterday and already has a renter for our current place. So, now we are worried about how soon we will have to be out! Oh... what to do.

My brother just got engaged. Our entire family is so happy for him. His sweet Melissa is wonderful!!! They want to get married in November, and there is no way we can afford the tickets to get back. We are scheduled for furlough the following summer (after three long years!!!) so to come and go twice is just not possible. Every time I think about it I cry.

When God called us here, we came. We sold or gave away everything we owned to come to this city and serve the poor. Can I tell you that it has been hard... really hard. But we honestly do feel privileged to serve the Lord in this way! We trust His plans for our family. But, in times like these, it feels like too much. When my whole family can't be together on this most special day; when my kids say they miss their cousins; when things that would have been easy and a joy are overwhelming and too difficult... it just feels like too much.

I am lonely, and I miss my family! I cannot believe that my brother is going to get married without all of us there. How can this even happen? This was not one of the costs that I counted when I told God that I was willing to come here.

Get the balloons and streamers... the pity party is in full swing!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you sweet girl and your precious family and feel your pain
I just know our Father will provide
Much Love
Ramona