Noah just finished up the second day of his huge eighth grade test. Things have been really stressful around here as Noah has ridden the emotional rollercoaster of being in his "test-year." For many of his classmates this test determines their entire future. It determines what type of high school they can get into and that determines if they can go to college. It is a very complex and stressful system.
I am so, so thankful that Noah has broader options. I am thankful that with a bit of hard work he can go to college in America. I am thankful that he can take the SAT and other college entrance exams multiple times. I am thankful that he has this experience behind him and has learned the value and terrible-ness of standardized testing. (Yes, I am an English teacher... sort of.)
I am thankful that our plans for our summer stateside are coming together.
I am thankful for the Lord's goodness and provision.
I am thankful for the opportunities that we've had over the last few weeks to share about our hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment