Powered by Blogger.

Friday, February 20, 2015

The Big Day

Today is Callie's birthday.  We hit the road to the capitol city the second that school was out.  So we had to do all of our celebrating this morning.

She chose breakfast casserole for breakfast.



The kids said that this was the first school morning that we'd sat down together for breakfast.  I'm pretty sure they are correct!  Ha!
(Disclaimer: Today was crazy hair day for Lucy.)


Callie is ultra pragmatic and content with what she has.  Normally, I'd say this is great.  But around gift giving times it makes things tricky.  This child absolutely does not need or want anything!


For the most part she told everyone that she just wanted to wait until we were in the States this summer to celebrate.  She had a few little things to open.  Her favorite were the Harry Potter books.

She is excited about shopping this weekend in the big city.  But I can pretty much guarantee that she won't find anything that she wants or needs.  This summer I'm going to start a savings account for this child so she can stockpile her riches!  She is a fantastic saver!

2 comments:

Grandma said...

I absolutely adore this girl!

Pat said...

She is so precious.