In the busyness of life I've sort of let this slip a bit. I'd really like to grow in the area of joy and thanksgiving, so I absolutely cannot let my Thankful Thursdays go! Please hold me accountable, internet friends!! If you see that I've missed it please remind me.
Anyhow, here's what I'm thankful for this week:
1. Jesus's sacrifice for us. This week as everyone around us has been performing sacrifices we are particularly mindful of the spotless lamb who gave His life for us.
2. Our health. Everyone around us has been fighting colds and flu but we have been so healthy. I know that good health is a gift and am not taking it for granted!
3. A new song. They changed my duty at school from the front gardens to the second floor. Typically it's just a quick ten minute opportunity to yell at kids. But, there are two different lunch shifts that sort of overlap. Anyhow, that leaves almost an hour and a half where I am walking back and forth down the main middle school corridor. There is an ebb and flow of students and when the hall is quiet, it can be quite boring. Today, the Lord put a song on my heart and I found myself singing His praise over the middle school. It totally changed my day and made my job awesome! Thank you Lord!
4. October! I am reading Anne of Green Gables and the other day I read the adorable quote, "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." Amen! The weather is crisp. I love fall clothes with lots of cute layers. I can finally make yummy soups and stews, apple crisp, and pumpkin bread. The leaves are starting to change and we are finally in a place where you can actually see leaves! Yay!!
Ok... I can't stop myself. Here are a few other adorable quotes from Anne...
“It's been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy things if you make up your mind firmly that you will.”
“Life is worth living as long as there's a laugh in it.”
“Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?”
5. Justin. My sweet husband has really picked up the slack around the house. He has taken over almost all of the household chores like laundry and cleaning. He did an amazing job getting all of our residence permits, student visas, etc. figured out and processed. He is the homework helper extraordinaire. Justin is a blessing to us. We love him so much and are so thankful for him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am so thankful for each of these five things also.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment