Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Bless You!

In all the nervousness of starting school and stress of trying to get the job details and my work permit figured out I lost focus a little bit.  I was busy getting to know folks and sprinting through a major learning curve.  Then, BOOM!  On the second day of school the Lord set me straight again.

A kid in my class sneezed and I said, "God bless you!"

It was a completely thoughtless thing that I said out of habit.  But the Lord told me that that was what my job was here.  He told me that my job was to bless these kids at this school.  I am an ambassador of the Lord Himself and it is the first time such light has entered these halls.

Now, that will get your attention real fast!  I had gotten so caught up in just getting the job that I had forgotten the significance of it.  I am probably the only light that many of these kids will ever encounter.

Many of the older ones ask me questions about what I believe.  I have to be very careful, by law, about how I answer their questions and talk about my faith.  But there is no law that can stop me from praying for the kids... even the yahoos!... and over these kids and their families.  There is no law that can stop me from blessing them.  There is no law that can stop my light from shining.

I could care less if these kids ever really speak much English.  I want them to see Jesus in me and that is precisely why He's put me there.  May I be a beacon of light in a dark place.

Please pray for me in this difficult task!  I need wisdom, perseverance, and discernment.

No comments: