Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Breakfast with a View

We are well-rested and ready to start back to school today after 5 glorious days off.  

Ok... that's an exaggeration.  We are going back to school but with slightly less kicking and screaming than usual.  We had a really laid-back restful holiday.

Last weekend our friends took us out to breakfast at one of their favorite places.  It was a buffet full of local favorites, some a bit on the weird side, that were mostly delicious.  The view was beautiful and we had a great time.


The weather has changed fairly quickly here.  Now it is chilly and overcast most days.  We get lots of rain and I have to be extra to only hang my laundry out when I am home.  I have to be ready to drag it back inside in an instant when a rain shower pops up.

The sea is different every day.  Some days its as still as glass and other days you could surf out there!  Last week we had a storm come in that caused huge waves.  It is so interesting how different the same body of water can be.  I am hoping that the beautiful sea will help to keep me sane and make up for the lack of sun this winter.   We'll see!

1 comment:

Pat said...

Keep positive thoughts and know that you are going to have a great and busy winter. At least you will not be sweating from the hot weather.
Love you, Mom