Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Callie's Birthday Dinner Celebration

Like I said yesterday, I like to take a few too many pictures and share them with the world!  Ha!  So here is how the rest of Callie's birthday went...

Noah and Callie always get home from school close to 4:30.  They came in, put their stuff away, and changed out of their uniforms.  Then we headed out to get Lucy.  I had asked her teacher for permission to pick her up early. (She doesn't get out of school until 6:10!)  Callie had chosen an American-style burger joint on the other side for her birthday dinner.  So I was trying to get us across the bridge before rush-hour traffic started!  We did have some traffic, but it wasn't as bad as it would have been an hour later!

Wearing her new sweater.

These sisters are the best of friends and the worst of enemies!

Cheeseburgers, hot dog, cheese fries, and shakes!  YUM!
American junk food is a special treat here!

The shake special of the day was- peanut butter chocolate chunk!
Yes, please!!

Having fun together, but missing Daddy!

Shake Shack is located in a really nice mall.  So after dinner we walked all around.



After we dragged poor Noah into all of Callie's favorite shops we decided it was time to head home and have some birthday cake!

I love this girls soooo much!  She's my right arm and my sweet friend!

Showing off her beautiful cake!
I still can't believe what a great job she did making and decorating it!

For posterity's sake!

There always has to be a sparkler with the candles here.
So fun!

Make a wish!

Yeah, even yummier than it was pretty!
(Truth be told, the cake was a box mix.  But she made it all herself and then decorated it beautifully, which is still better than I could do until I was in my mid twenties!)

Huddled around our tiny kitchen table enjoying the fruit of Callie's labor!

Even though Justin wasn't here to celebrate, we made the best of things and had lots of fun.  Callie had a wonderful birthday and knows she is very loved!

No comments: