Before I put Callie to bed I begged the kids not to wake up too early! 5:30 am is no time for a celebration! They managed to wait until about 6:30. I could handle that considering that I had already been up twice- once to put Callie's casserole in the oven at 5:30 and once to remove the foil at 6:15. I pulled out the big french press and made myself some extra coffee! You may not know this about me... morning and I are not best friends!
![]() |
| I gave up on wrapping presents and just set them out for Callie. But I did close the living room door and forbid the kids from entering until I was awake! |
We happily piled into the living room and Callie got to check out her birthday presents. She really is the most content child- doesn't want a thing! So is is challenging and fun to try to find things she likes!
![]() |
| Grandma and Grandpa gave her some adorable cooking things. |
![]() |
| And she made Callie two beautiful aprons! Callie loved them! |
![]() |
| They also gave her a new ipod! |
![]() |
| Showing off her new purse. |
![]() |
| She really liked getting a "grown-up" wallet! |
![]() |
| Gamma and PawPaw gave her a Kindle and Justin and I loaded it up with books. The Kindle is the best invention ever for us! |
Then it was birthday breakfast time...
![]() |
| Yummy breakfast casserole and fresh-squeezed orange juice. |
![]() |
| A nice breakfast together before it's time to get ready for school. This is a rarity in our house! |
![]() |
| My beautiful birthday girl! |
![]() |
| Noah checking out the science kits. They were the surprise hit gifts! |
![]() |
| I snapped a few extra pictures of Noah because it seems like I have so few of him! He looks so handsome in this one! |
It was a nice birthday morning for Callie. She was thrilled with every single gift and loved having her favorite breakfast, too! She is so shy! She was hoping that no one at school would say a word about her birthday, and she forbid me from bringing a treat for her to share with her classmates! :-(














No comments:
Post a Comment