Powered by Blogger.

Friday, November 29, 2013

Bazaar Finds

The other day I had to go to the wholesale district on the other side.  It is one of my favorite places to go because you never know what you are going to find, and you can find some great stuff for really low prices!  If you ever come visit me, and are feeling adventurous, I'll take you there!  It is the quintessential local experience!

Here are my finds:


A christmas tablecloth!!

They don't even celebrate Christmas here.  I have searched high and low for a Christmas tablecloth.  I had given up on finding one.  But I walked by a little shop and they had this adorable vinyl tablecloth on a huge roll!  YAY!  Thank you, Lord for this unexpected blessing!!


I went to the yarn bazaar.  This is an area that I have to use every ounce of self control in my body!  There are so many amazing yarns!  I only allow myself to buy exactly what I will need for specific projects that I have already planned out.  Otherwise, I could spend a fortune on beautiful yarns.  My girlfriends here are getting some homemade gifts for Christmas this year!


My kitchen rugs have been in really rough shape.  So I couldn't turn down the amazing deal I got on these adorable 100% cotton rugs.  I love them!


I got a hat for Justin like the older local men wear.  I think it looks really good on him!  To our younger friends who are trying to be more hip and Western, seeing Justin in this hat is hilarious.  He does look like a cutie, though!

There are all sorts of bazaars here- ones for cars, one that sells the extras and defects from famous name brands (think Pottery Barn textiles, Gap, Ann Taylor), spice bazaars,  wholesale bazaars, jewelry bazaars, textile bazaars, organic bazaars, clothing bazaars, and I am sure many others that I don't even know about.  Of course every neighborhood has a weekly bazaar that sells fruits, vegetables, cheese, eggs, olives, nuts, clothing, and other necessities.

I love going to different bazaars!  You never know what you are going to find!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Josh actually has two hats like Justin's. They have actually been popular for our age group here in the last few years.
I love the rug. The colors are beautiful.