Yall, I have a love/hate relationship with technology. It seems like I am always skeptical at first, then grow to love said piece of technology. I quickly become dependent on the technology. Of course, just as the technology has me by the throat it lets me down by breaking, not working properly, or requiring some update that makes everything wonky!
Anyhow, tonight I have never loved technology more.
Like I posted before, my dear friend passed away. Today was a day that I was dreading as I watched it creep closer on the calendar. Today was Sue's memorial. Being across the world, this hasn't felt very real since we're not there to walk through the aftermath. But, in my heart, the memorial service sort of sealed the deal. It proved that the unthinkable did actually happen, and I am going to have to accept it as reality!
The key to this acceptance was getting to be a part of the memorial even though we're 5,490 miles away! Sue had friends all over the US and even a few of us scattered across the globe. So, the church graciously live streamed the memorial. What an amazing blessing to be able to get closure in this way.
And, I have to say, this is the way to attend a memorial! I put on my jambes, got some chocolate, and curled up in my bed with my computer and some tissues. I got to hear the beautiful words that were spoken about my friend and mourn in the privacy of my home. The best part was I didn't even have to break out the Spanx and waterproof mascara!
I will desperately miss my precious friend, but I am so, so thankful for this opportunity for closure. I guess technology isn't so bad after all!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So happy that you were able to attend Sue's memorial, even if it was in an unusual way. I know it meant a lot to you. She was a special lady and friend.
Mom
Post a Comment