Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 17, 2012

1st Day of School 2012


Noah's first day of sixth grade

He's just humoring me by letting me take these pics!

This is the service bus that takes him back and forth to school.
 Transportation to school (even public) isn't provided,
so we have to pay for this.
Noah refused to let me come down and take pictures of him getting on the bus.
I don't know what's wrong with him.  HA!

Sweet Callie was more than happy to pose for the first day of school photo-shoot!

She was so ready to start school.


Praise the Lord, the girls are going to the same school at the same time!
Aren't they adorable?!

In the elevator, making last minute adjustments in the mirror.

Since Lucy had orientation last week, she felt like today was no big deal.

Walking to school.

I couldn't wait for Noah to get home to hear about his day.  As soon as he walked int he door, I sat him down with a snack and made him tell me everything!

Praise the Lord, his day went really well, and he was happy with his school.  He said he liked the service bus, made 3 friends, and learned "what is your name?" in German.  Pretty good for the first day.  I definitely feel so happy and blessed that Noah is able to go to this school!

Lucy had a great day at school.  She told us all about this "awesome" fight between her friend an a little boy.

Callie was a total stress-bucket!  Her teacher went over the supply list, and Callie was worried that the things I bought weren't perfect.  Also, I had put the wrong type of covers on her notebooks. :( 
Oh well, so much for trying to get an early start on that!  We got it all sorted out, and she chilled out a bit.

Of course, no first day of school would be complete without a "First Day Fiesta!"
(Please forgive the blurry photos.  I took them on my phone!)

Did you know that we now have Krispy Kreme here?
I bought doughnuts (sweet, delicious, sugary manna from heaven!),
we stuck sparklers in them, and sang Happy First Day of School to You!  HA!

I think they were less than thrilled about the singing, but the doughnuts made up for it!



1 day down, 9 months to go!

No comments: