We had to leave our beloved Cappadocia on Wednesday morning. :( We had the best time, and it was such a fascinating place to visit!
 |
Max and Isaiah loved that you often times here you can board and deplane
from the front and the back! Makes things quicker! |
We arrived home by early afternoon. I gave everyone a short break and then it was off to hop on a boat to cruise the big Straight that divides our city.
 |
| My sweet girls playing on the boat |
 |
| Under the first bridge |
 |
| Coming up to the second bridge |
After the 1 hour boat ride we took Max and Isaiah to one of our favorite restaurants. They serve kebabs by the meter- that's about 3 feet for you Americans- HA! There is no menu. They just bring all sorts of different foods to the table. It is a great place to take people and let them get a taste of many types of local cuisine! And to fill them so full that they could explode!
 |
First, they bring out about 17 different plates with appetizer samplers.
You have to force yourself to go slow and just barely taste the appetizers because
the main course is huge, and then there is dessert! |
 |
| When you've finished the appetizers, they put this sort of long stand on the table. |
 |
| The stand holds fresh bread equal to the length of your kebab. |
 |
Then the chef brings out your kebab on a huge skewer.
The waiters help him place the kebab on top of the bread and then dramatically yank the skewer out!
Disclaimer: I copied this picture from the restaurant's website. |
 |
This is what the main entree looks like!
I've only been to the restaurant with smaller groups so we've had a 1 meter kebab.
But, the first time we went to that restaurant there was a big group.
Their kebab was 4 meters long! That's about a 12 foot kebab- in one piece!!
Disclaimer: I copied this picture from the restaurant's website. |
After the amazing main course they bring out all sorts of plates of seasonal fruit and desserts. I think we were all about to explode!! Max just looked at the food and started popping antacids! It was so fun and a bit painful!
**** This is my 1,000 post!! I'm sure no one is surprised that I have that much to say!****
It is amazing to look back through this blog and see the amazing journey that the Lord has taken us on!
1 comment:
Congrautlations! I love being able to join your family from Powder Springs. Keep blogging.
Post a Comment