Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring has Sprung!!!

Well, Praise the Lord!  Amen and Hallelujah!!  The sun has once again returned to this cold and barren land!  We are seeing some sure signs of spring and I am loving life as a result!  It is amazing what a little sunlight can do for one's attitude!

As you may know, I personally ushered spring in with a certain home painting frenzy last week.  By the time I had everything painted, the mess cleaned up, and the last picture hung Spring came.  I know that it was not a coincidence.

When I had only finished the painting it was still snowing outside.  When I began this project, I had no idea that Spring could not arrive until I had finished every single last detail- down to getting a few things framed and on the walls.  But, alas, that's what it took.  I hammered the last nail on Saturday afternoon and we awoke to the promise of Spring on Sunday morning.

Another Amen, praise the Lord, and Hallelujah!!

Justin came home late Saturday evening to a new flat!  Lots of color, a new bedspread, new and different pictures on the wall.  When he sent me the text that he was in the taxi on his way home my heart started racing.  What if he didn't like all the things I had done?!  Was the lime green too bright?  Is the orange terrible?

In the end, I could care less.  My beloved had arrived home safely.  He says he really likes all the things I did to spruce up our place.  He is probably just glad I got my rear in gear and brought Spring to this country.  His commute to and from work on his motorcycle is so much more pleasant when snot isn't frozen to his face!!

So, without further ado, here is a bit of my work...


 Our bedroom





The office/ laundry/ catch-all room




The kitchen


Callie was my super helper.  It turns out that this girl is multi-talented.  I know she is smart, can cook, and play the guitar and flute.  But I didn't know she was an interior designer.  She helped me pick out the colors.  In all three cases, she advised me to go a slightly different shade with the color and with each one she was spot on!

The pictures don't do the rooms justice, but they really do look great (if I do say so myself!).  It turns out having a splash of color on the walls is so much fun!

No comments: