I woke up yesterday morning and thought to myself, is there any good reason that I shouldn't paint my room today?!
Now, I have wanted to paint my room blue for at least a year. But for one reason or another it hasn't happened. I think the cold temperatures finally put me over the edge. (Little did I know that by the time I would be peeling masking tape off of the baseboards that evening it would be snowing!!)
I have a firm belief that I can help to usher spring in. I had done my usual... buy a new colorful purse. This lets the world know that I am ready for spring. I think happy thoughts of washing all the heavy coats and winter gear and putting them far, far away. I start to get a twitch in my cleaning hand. And with this trifecta of coo-coo spring should come rolling in shortly. However, the temperatures have actually dropped a bit. With this, I realized that this year I needed to up the ante.
All that nonsense brings me to yesterday. I woke up feeling like if I didn't start painting soon spring would NEVER come! But once I got to thinking about it I figured, yes, a blue bedroom would be perfect... and so would an orange kitchen and a lime green office.
I had concluded that the colorful purse was not enough. To show the world my true passion for spring I had to go whole hog and have a colorful flat! And I can tell you that once that idea was planted in my head nothing could stop me.
It did not matter that we were supposed to go to our team worship time. It did not matter that we weren't even able to do that because Lucy is sick (puking in the night and running a fever, thank you very much.) It did not matter that my husband is in the UK. Or that we didn't have any painting supplies. Or that I had other things that I needed to do.
Like I said there was no good reason I shouldn't paint my room blue this very instant! There were reasons, but not good ones.
What can I say, by this point I was delusional from overexposure to winter!
So, the second Lucy fell asleep for a nap, Callie and I jumped in the car and rushed off to the paint store. We got all the things we needed and got home just in time for Lucy to wake up. (Don't worry, Noah was with her.)
We got Lucy settled in my bed, shoved all the furniture, including our huge wardrobe (did you know that they don't make closets in apartments here?), against the bed in the middle of the room and got to work.
Callie was ultra-excited about the painting. She was a major help the whole time. Having a little person to do the grunt work means I get to do all the fun stuff! (That is a joke!) She taped off the baseboards while I laid out the plastic drop cloths. Lucy just sat there wearily watching the whole show.
Once Callie and I had everything prepped, Noah popped in to help a bit. He did the big roller, Callie used the small roller around the baseboards, outlets, etc, and I cut-in around the ceiling and in the corners. We had a great system going until Noah pooped out on us after two walls.
But, alas, Callie and I endured until the bitter end- two full coats and all. And I am pleased to tell you that my room looks beautiful!! I am so excited!
By the time Justin gets home from the UK he'll think he showed up at the Easter Bunny's house! Unless we are buried in snow. Then he may be showing up to a crime scene, because I am going to go postal if it snows again!
I do have to tell you as I was touching up the last little bit (letting a 9 year old tape off the baseboards may have been a mistake) I looked out the window. To my shock and horror it was snowing. I died a little inside. I guess spring can't some until all the rooms are painted. I am busy tomorrow, but my plan is orange kitchen on Tuesday and lime-green office on Wednesday. By Thursday I will be basking in the full glory of SPRING!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Pictures please! : )
Post a Comment