It is so cold here and snowing... again! I think we've gotten 6 inches today.
I kept making Callie call her friend (who's dad is the assistant principal at their school) and ask if school was canceled. NOPE! They never cancelled it. So, in 20 something years when my kids start to tell sob stories about how they had to walk to school in the snow it will be the truth. Except it's not uphill and I think it's probably only half a mile. But still... it's hard getting out in the blizzard to go to school!
In other news our flat is slowly falling apart. I think it was built about 4 years ago, and now everything is starting to bust. The roof leaks. The seal from the terrace is gone so when it rains or snows water leaks inside. The gutters are leaking into the wall near the terrace and is causing the plaster and paint to buckle and fall off. The molding around the bathroom door fell off. Some of the plaster in the bathroom fell off. The sink pipe busted and sprayed water everywhere in the middle of the night. We've had two outlets blow up and the circuits flip if you have a few things plugged in at the same time. A pipe busted (during the day- Praise the Lord!!) on our heater a few months ago. And, yesterday the other pipe on the heater began to leak.
Luckily, I caught the leak and called a guy to come fix it before it busted, too! We were without hot water for about 24 hours. The water coming out of the faucet was so COLD! I mean it was painful to even wash your hands! I couldn't force myself to wash my face last night before bed. I figured if I put that ice water on my face, I'd be wide awake for 10 more hours!
The plumber came this afternoon to fix the pipe. I asked him to check out the other ones just in case they were close to being junked out, too. He said they all look fine. So, we'll see!
Now, we just have to make it until spring when the weather dries up a bit. Then, this flat is going to keep some handy man very busy for a few days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
If you get a few days respite from the snow and you can get someone to come look at it, many of the leaking problems may be just clogged or loose gutters. We had a loose gutter and it was a major part of our basement leak this past summer. It is amazing how such a little problem can cause such a huge issue.
Post a Comment