Powered by Blogger.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Blissful Loafing

Yall, we had another great weekend.  This weekend was totally different from the past several ones.

We had quite a bit planned for both days, but at the last minute absolutely everything got cancelled- even though the activities were completely unrelated to each other.  It was a gift from the Lord.

The Gift of REST!

Amen and Hallelujah!

I did not realize how tired I was until I slowed down a bit.  The past month has been a blur and we have been going at a pace that really wears us down.  It was such a blessing to have two full days to relax and play together.  We just holed up and didn't hardly see another sole!

Can I brag just tell you that we all slept in till after 8:30 on Sunday (a miracle in itself).  Justin fed the kids breakfast (while I slept in even more... I know!) because he is a saint.  Then we all managed to roll ourselves to the couch and watch Chicken Little.  Then Justin and I took a nap together until lunchtime!

GASP!


Oh the lethargy!  It is bliss!

(*Disclaimer: I did go to the market on Saturday evening to stock up on food for the week.  So, I'm not a complete lazybones!  Just a partial one.  And, NO, I will not reveal the percentage!)

By Sunday evening we were rested and catching up on a few little projects that had been lingering on our To-Do lists for months.

So, in the end it ended up being the perfect weekend- lots of rest and a bit of productivity, too.  Praise the Lord!!  He knew just what we needed.

1 comment:

Stori said...

I am so glad that you were able to rest!!! What a blessing. Hooray!