Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

An Important Anniversary

Four years and 1 week ago our family got on a plane and began the biggest adventure of our lives.

It was and probably will always be the biggest risk we've ever taken in life.  Often times with great risks come great rewards...

even when the rewards sometimes don't feel like rewards.

Looking back, that time seems like a huge blur.  I still cannot fathom how we had the guts to do it.  I can remember being sure that Jesus himself was going to come back at any moment because I couldn't fathom that we'd really ever live this adventure.

He didn't come back (YET!) and here we are.  Four years into this adventure... this new life.  We've learned so much about ourselves, our strengths and weaknesses, and who the Lord really is without the creature comforts and trappings of the West.

Life is different here- really different.  It slaps me in the face every time we return from being out of the country.  (For Pete's sake, I answered the door in shorts on our first day back!)  Lots to learn and relearn all the time!

But, as in all things, we are blessed beyond belief to walk this road with Him.  He is good, all the time, and has led us, carried us, and walked beside us for many years- not for a second forsaking us!

I just wish my local friends knew how great He is.  I'll be here, letting the Lord tell His story through me, as long as I can!



Also at that time, people will say, "Look at what's happened! This is our God! We waited for him and he showed up and saved us! This God, the one we waited for! Let's celebrate, sing the joys ofhis salvation. God's hand rests on this mountain!"
Isaiah 25:8-10

With that, Peter, full of the Holy Spirit, let loose: "Rulers and leaders of the people, if we have been brought to trial today for helping a sick man, put under investigation regarding this healing, I'll be completely frank with you—we have nothing to hide. By the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the One you killed on a cross, the One God raised from the dead, by means of his name this man stands before you healthy and whole. Jesus is 'the stone you masons threw out, which is now the cornerstone.' Salvation comes no other way; no other name has been or will be given to us by which we can be saved, only this one."
Acts 4:7-9 

No comments: