Powered by Blogger.

Friday, July 22, 2011

The Hunger Diet

I am not the biggest fan of leftovers.  Justin is hardly a fan at all.  And the kids are hit and miss with just about anything.

So, these past few days have been pretty slim pickin's around our house!  I am trying to not buy any more food and get our fridge and freezer cleaned out before we leave on Monday.  Top that off with the fact that it is way too hot to turn the oven on, and you end up with some interesting meal selections.

Last night frozen grilled burgers from 4th of July- not too bad- with a side of three day old noodles and/or some crackers.  For dessert... slightly rotten fruit!

Tonight, it's left over party food from my friend's twin's birthday party.  For dessert- slightly more rotten fruit!

Tomorrow night, I have 6 meatballs, a leg of lamb (literally), about a serving of frozen french fries, 1/2 cup of blueberries, parsley and dill in the freezer, and 4 eggs, some yogurt, potatoes, onions, ketchup and mayo in the fridge.  If that's not yummy enough, I've also got some nuts and lentils in the cupboard.  And, of course, for dessert, very rotten fruit!

After that, the selection gets REALLY bad!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try not to think about the food you have on hand focus on what good food your Momma will be fixing for you!Yarps for safe and happy travel
Love to you all
Ramona

Anonymous said...

and the food I'll be fixing for you.

Eric