So, as I mentioned before, this weekend was on the busy side. Don't get me wrong, it was GREAT... but it was busy.
It seems like that always happens. We'll have nothing for the longest time, then all the sudden, several things pile up on the same day. I even had to turn down an invite for Saturday. My friend called to invite me to her niece's henna party. (Its the special night that a bride-to-be along with all her female friends and family get together to celebrate.) I was bummed that I couldn't go, because I LOVE that sort of thing.
Here's what we did get to do:
Callie's Children's Day performance- 3 hours- two of those spent standing too close for comfort while slightly pushing those around me to keep my space. The performances were fantastic. The costumes were beautiful. Callie's feet were moving a mile a minute- she was awesome. The audience was lucky that I didn't karate chop someone in the throat!
We ate a quick lunch at home and I hot-rolled Lucy's hair.
Lucy's Children's Day performance. We got there too close to the starting time to get a decent seat. So I stood in the back to take pictures. Unfortunately, since I left a bit of breathing room between me and the folks in front of me, people came and stood in front of me. Lucy was adorable. But again, the folks around me were lucky that I did not karate chop anyone's throat.
Can you feel my aggression building?
We hurried home from Lucy's performance and dropped Noah off at our neighbors. He was so excited to get the opportunity to go see his favorite futbol team play.
Justin, the girls, and I came home for about 30 minutes to relax. Then it was off again. We went across the Straight to the other side of the city to meet some old friends that were coming through on a cruise. We had a lovely dinner with them. It had been a really long time. So, it was fun to catch up with them. We made them eat all sorts of local food. I think they liked it. At least they acted like they did!
We got home at about 11. Justin put the girls to bed and I started cooking for our Easter picnic. Noah got home at about 11:30. He was so wound-up. It took forever to calm him down and get him to bed.
I finally fell into bed at 1 am.
The next day we slept in a bit and then went out to meet our friends at a nearby national park. We had such a great time.
We worshipped. (I always wonder what the occasional passer-by thinks when they see us singing along to the guitar.) We had a devotion and communion. Then we ate.
All the kids had so much fun just being out in nature. They ran and played. Lucy and her little friends had the best time. They planned this elaborate wedding. They made pretend food and a pretend cake. They were just precious. The older kids and some of the men played volleyball and/or frisbee.
I just talked my head off. I must have needed some good adult interaction in english because, mercy, my jaws were smokin!
A great day had by all!
The kids fell asleep in the car on the way home. We managed to all get ourselves up to our flat and crashed.
It was a great weekend. Now I'm going to take a nap... for a week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment