Today I went to have tea with Callie's classmates' mothers. This is just what I was hoping for, when she and I decided to throw her a birthday party back in February. Today was a good time to get to know each other better. I really like these ladies.
One of the ladies is a hoca (religious teacher) so we had a time of reading from the Koran and prayer. She also did a short devotion/ lesson sort of thing. I was a bit surprised, but it was no big deal.
Then we ate lunch and drank tea. As we were talking, the ladies asked me how long it takes to get back and forth to America. I told them that it usually takes two fights, a layover, etc. So, in total about 20-24 hours.
The sweet lady sitting next to me explained that she has some relatives in America. One of her relatives is afraid to fly, so they come by car, and it takes 3 days. I politely explained that that is not possible because there is a big ocean between here and there. To which she responded, "they must come around the other way."
That's worse than when my friend's mother asked if America was above or below Lithuania!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment