Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas

Back to Christmas we go...

I let the children stay home from school on Christmas Eve.  The girls helped me in the kitchen all day.  We made these cinnamon rolls (which are the best in the world) for all of our neighbors.  The kids had so much fun taking tins of fresh hot cinnamon rolls to everyone.

We also prepared some goodies for our Christmas Eve celebration with our small group.  We made peanut butter fudge and dark chocolate mint truffles.  The fudge was ok- not nearly as good as Uncle Sonny's "Courtin' Fudge!!"  But the truffles rocked the house!

We also made the food for our Christmas day breakfast (Gorilla Bread) and lupper (lunch-supper).  We had turkey, gravy, biscuits, creamed spinach, hashbrown casserole, glazed carrots, and Happy Birthday Jesus cake.

The cake is Callie's specialty.  She makes one each year.  This year my mom sent a red velvet cake mix, so Callie really was able to do it completely by herself.  Well... except for greasing the cake dish.  That is Lucy's specialty!!

I had so much fun cooking with my girls.  Sometimes it is such a hassle or too hard to be patient with them.  But that day was just one of those days where my attitude was in the right place, we weren't in any kind of hurry, and we had so much fun together!

I asked Justin to take a few pictures since I am always the one with the camera and am never in any of the pictures!  Please forgive the zebra print pajamas!  I have no pride!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The most beautiful girls made the most beautiful cake. I wish I could have sampled it.

Pat said...

How wonderful that they enjoy helping in the kitchen--have patience and soon they will be able to prepare dinner while you relax. There are always rewards for helping little ones learn.
Much love to all,
MOM