Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Today is a big holiday for we Americans, yet no one here knows it.  Everything is going on as usual.  The kids are at school.  I went to the market.  Justin is at work.  Tomorrow will not be any blacker than usual.

Its just another day.

And I miss the time off.  The football.  The sweet potatoes.  The family.  The friends.  Even, dare I say it... the frenzy!

We'll have a nice meal tonight with some American friends, and then a feast on Saturday with our fellowship group.  So delicious food will be eaten- turkey with all the fixins, veggies, mashed potatoes, and pies galore.  Fear not... we won't miss out on one calorie.

But, its just right now.  In this moment I miss our old life a lot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanked Father today for you and your family
Love to you all

Pat said...

Oh, sweet girl how your family misses you and yours all of the time, but especially during the holidays, when we were always together.
Big hugs for all.
MOM

Anonymous said...

I miss you all so much that I can't breath. I am so grateful for each of you and the blessings poured out on you.