Yes, Thanksgiving is all about being thankful for what we have.
We are very thankful!! This year has been a really hard one for us, and we are arriving at the end of some of the main hardships. So we are thankful.
We are thankful for God's protection and provision throughout the year, and the things that He taught us while we were in the trenches!
The other thing we are thankful for is the opportunity to be really American and celebrate with our friends- speak english, play familiar games, and eat yummy food.
We are doing two traditional Thanksgiving meals this year- one smaller and one larger.
We are stoked!!
Part of the challenge of putting together a traditional Thanksgiving meal is that most traditional Thanksgiving fare is a bit hard to come by here. Last year I was smart enough to have my mom send some cans of sweet potato. This year I forgot, but I did bring back Karo syrup and pecans!
Can I get an amen for the yumminess of pecan pie?!?!
Here's what I am making (made) for our meals:
biscuits
yeast rolls
2 pecan pies
caramel peanut butter cheesecake
cranberry pie
apple crumb pie
creamed spinach
glazed carrots
cranberry sauce
Sweet mercy my tummy just growled!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
so far I only see 2 veggies does this mean its a really SWEET dinner?
The kids will love it
love ya sweet girl
Hey Mrs. Ramona!
This is just my contribution to our two meals. Others are bringing veggies, turkey, etc.
Love you!
Post a Comment