If you know me well, you know that although I try very hard to act laid back, I am not! I am very intentional and methodical. I love details, and I want things done right the first time. Lovely, right? I bet Justin would disagree. Life with me can be very hard!
That little preface is important background information for what I am about to tell you.
MY SHOES WERE STOLEN!!!
In most Middle Eastern cultures homes are kept absolutely spotless. Since everyone walks everywhere through who knows what nastiness on the streets, shoes are ALWAYS removed at the door. They are never worn inside.
So we have a cute little shoe shelf right outside our door. Last night when the kids and I came up to to our flat from playing outside I removed my shoes and put them on the shelf just like always. (Read first paragraph about being methodical!)
Yet when we were trying to leave today to walk to school they were gone!! We searched the house and the building stairs (seven flights) to see if they'd been misplaced or dropped down.
NO SHOES!!!
But I already knew that. I NEVER lose anything because I am so methodical about putting things away.
Who on earth would have taken my shoes?! Certainly they are awesome, but come on!
In other news, our washing machine is broken. The guys came today to look at it and had to take it away and (I think) replace the electrical system. When I asked them how long it would be gone they said, "a little while."
Um... 2 days or 2 weeks? What's a little while?
They promised me no more than 4 days!!
Remember this (still) ongoing battle?
I should have kissed that washing machine bye while they were carrying it out the door because chances are that I will never see it again!
I guess a washing machine AND tennis shoes are on my Christmas list and its not even October yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment