Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sunshine

It is amazing what a difference a bit of sunshine can make in my spirit. Spring has come and the lightness that comes with it has just made me so happy the last few days. I am continuing to try to get things in order around here. Yesterday I finally bought some light fixtures for our flat. We have been in this flat for 10 months with lightbulbs hanging from the ceilings!

I can put my clothes rack back out on the balcony to dry our clothes. Horray!!! They dry so much faster and it gets that big 'ole thing out of our flat!

Everyone is out and about getting some "fresh" (relative term!) air. The streets are once again full of playing children. Women are sitting on the curbs eating sunflower seeds and doing needlepoint. The days are longer and warm enough to put the coats away! A carpet or bedding is hanging from every balcony being aired out.

There is a spring in my step and I have been out walking in our neighborhood and praying for this area. Trusting Jesus to come and heal the broken hearted here!

The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help.
He rescues them from all their troubles.
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted;
he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.

Psalm 34:17-18

No comments: