That is not too dramatic of a title for what I am about to tell you...
Take a breath...
Get ready for it...
I FOUND SOME CHEETOS THAT I LIKE!!!!!
I know you are excited with me.
Calm down...
What?!?! You're not excited?
Really you should have been doing a happy dance for me! I am ashamed of you!
Let me just tell you about the Cheeto situation up until this fateful day:
There are no crunchy Cheetos to be found in this country. I cannot explain it. Perhaps they have never tasted the chip of the gods (or the meat of the gods- PORK- for that matter!), but for some reason only puffy Cheetos have made their way into the hearts of the people. Now, I am not one to discriminate against puffiness- being on the puffy side myself. But, when the puffiness comes in such tasty flavors as old shoe, spicy butt-crack, and roadside garbage [disclaimer: not actual chip names] I do not much care for them.
But today... or sweet halelujah... TODAY. ALL. THAT. CHANGED!!! I took the kids to the market, and when the whining and begging reached its pinnacle of annoyance (see life in the Middle East isn't so different from life at your local Walmarts) I caved. The Cheetos had glow in the dark tattoos!!
Moment of silence and reverence for the joy that is temporary tattoos that glow in the dark. They will be in Heaven.
Let's continue... I bought the danged Cheetos and huffed home. It was past lunch time and I was hungry so we opened the bag, and I grabbed a few. They were puffy, but something was different. They tasted good. Real GOOD!!
The Hallelujah Chorus started and my tastebuds sprung to life. I think the sun was also shining through the windows, birds were singing, and the plants were smiling. The kids were probably still fighting, but I was in my happy place! I may or may not have proceeded to eat almost the entire bag. In my defense it was a smallish bag and it was past lunch and they tasted FAB-U-LOUS!!!!
After I stockpile 478 or so bags of this deliciousness I should probably get on to the less important things in life like serving the poor, loving Jesus, and taking care of my family. Today it will be done with a smile on my face and Cheeto crumbs on my shirt. Maybe even an orange finger print somewhere!!!
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Ephesians 3:20-21
They will come home and sing songs of joy on the heights of Jerusalem.
They will be radiant because of the Lord’s good gifts—
the abundant crops of grain, new wine,[Cheetos], and olive oil,
and the healthy flocks and herds.
Their life will be like a watered garden,
and all their sorrows will be gone.
The young women will dance for joy,
and the men—old and young—will join in the celebration.
He will turn their mourning into joy.
He will comfort them and exchange their sorrow for rejoicing.
Jeremiah 31:12-13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So happy for you!!! Tasty cheetos
yea----- amazing how little things can bring so much joy
Love to you all
Ramona
I pretty much peed my pants when I read this!!!
Thank you so much for the laugh, and I'm so glad He provided a blessing for you in the form of yummy, puffy, Cheetos!
Christine
Post a Comment