Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Driving Around in my Automobile


Our company is having their world-wide international conference in Southeast Asia. There will be about 2 thousand workers from various fields around the world gathered together for an entire week of teaching, encouragement, and worship. We were too poor to go, but received an unexpected benefit from it. Some co-workers from another city in this country had to fly out of our city but did not want to pay the hundreds of lira to park their car at the airport. So, they left their car with us for 2 weeks!!!

I was really nervous about driving again after 2 years of not being behind the wheel- in a humongous city to boot. So, Justin took me over to a large parking lot where I could practice, get used to the clutch, etc. And I am pleased to say that I am doing great. It is so fun just to load the kids up and run errands! Probably shortly after my 16th birthday the awe and excitement of FREEDOM that a car brings wore off. Well, its back and this time I will never take it for granted again!!! I'll probably start picking up passengers soon just so I have an excuse to drive around!

Here are some things overheard while in the car that first night:

*Does this car have a barf bag?
*Do a loopty-loo!
*What did the taco say to the mayo?
*What do you do when a mother drives? People shiver with fear!
*Do you follow the lines or the cars?
*Mom, don't hit that horse!! (gypsy) ...but if you did, who would win?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gotta love the kiddie comments
Love to you all
Ramona

Jeff and Erin said...

wish you guys were here, but I'm sure it is great to have a car again!