Well, its finally happened! I thought that it had already happened, but, lo, it had not. The summer heat has come! UGH! Its the kind of heat where you take a shower right before you go to sleep, and pray that you fall asleep while your hair is still wet and you are relatively cool! Its too hot to do anything. Pretty much all weekend we huddled inside and stared at each other! Yesterday afternoon Lucy and I slept for like 3 hours. I think I had actually passed out! Ha! You would think for a city this huge there would be something to do. NOPE! No pools, no water parks, no relief from the heat. We are bored to tears! Entertaining the kids all day long in the flat, while trying to regulate the amount of television they watch has proved difficult! Praise the Lord that we are in our new flat. It has more space, and is higher up, so sometimes we get a nice breeze!
All weekend I have been playing the "if only..." mind game. Like if only I was in Kentucky right now, We would be at the Nicholasville pool. Or If only we were in Marietta right now we'd be playing with Michelle and the kids. It is not a good game for me to play.
Anyhow, God is good, and we trust Him. Besides, this heat is enough to scare the Hell out of anyone!!! I am quite sure that Heaven will be in the high 70s and breezy a good bit of the year! Can't wait!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment