Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Rain, Rain Come Today!
So, we are having 24 hour water cuts due to the lack of water in the city's reservoirs. It is for a much longer time than we are used to, but at least this time we got prior notice!! So, last night we made sure to do a load of laundry, give everyone baths, and get the dishes all washed up. We have plenty of drinking water, I thought things were fine. Until at about 11:55 last night I realized that we don't have any water stored up from the tap to flush the toilet!!!!! 5 people with 1 NON-flushing toilet might get a little icky! So we jumped up to find and fill every bucket in the house! We have 3 full buckets in the tub. We'll see if that's enough!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I don't think we realize how much water we use and need until we do not have any. With our drought situation we have learned to collect and save water in many ways to water plants and to keep water out for the birds and other critters. I know it is super difficult to be without water, especially with three little ones. Hopefully you will get rain as we have and the water will be restored. Love to all, Mom
Eww. Just eww. And BTW ... I just love Callie's comments on the right side. She's edible. I can't believe it's been a year since I ran into you at the bank. Wasn't that just a month or two ago???
yikes the expression 'you never miss the the water til the well runs dry' is hard to imagine our drought has made us much more aware of being very conservative in our use I remember going without water when I was a child in Miami due to a hurricane [three days] of course being clueless due to my age I thought it was kind of funny flushing toilets with buckets of water when there is a hurricane the city cuts off water and electricity.yarping some rain your way love to you all
Ramona
Post a Comment