Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Ok.... so I may or may not have just stapled my daughter's diaper on. I promise that no children were injured in the process. (Although, if the diaper does not stay on after this drastic measure a certain little girl may be punted.) In fact, in the alleged event, I even had the foresight to turn the pointy part of the staple out so that they wouldn't hurt her skin. The added bonus is that they poke her little fingers when she tries to take off her diaper.

I know these are extreme measures, but the child refuses to keep a diaper on and refuses to sit on the potty. Not to mention the fact that I am no where close to being mentally prepared for the trauma that is potty training.

Please don't tell the authorities! Oh wait.... ha, ha, ha, the authorities here could care less!!!


*****Edited to add: The diaper did not come off again!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be glad that you don't live in CA... My sister's youngest (Aylah) started Kindergarten this year. She came home from school yesterday and said that she didn't deserve to get lunch because she had gotten into trouble and was put in "time out" in class. My sister asked her what she had done... Aylah said that she had made a new friend and given her a hug. This is a violation of the "no touching" rule. This is why I never want to live in CA again!!!

-Eric W.

Anonymous said...

Dude - I used to babysit triplets in college. I tried lots of things.. the easiest was clear tape (the packing kind) If it was a color, they could find the end of it. The only bad thing is you have to cut it off... however, they would smirm around on the floor until you busted out the scissors and then they would get VERY VERY STILL!!!