As previously stated, I LOVE the Olympics! Noah and I had to be pried off the couch today because we were in an Olympic coma! Its addicting!
Anyhow, the only bad thing about watching the Olympics in a foreign country is that they don't love the same sports Americans do. So the games that get the most airtime are not gymnastics, track and field, swimming, and whatever else we are good at, with snippets of the rest of the events, its lots of weight-lifting, volleyball, and lots of wrestling with snippets of the the rest of the games. I guess the Olympics aren't "The America Show" after all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I think Mexico has come along way in televising the Olympics. We get some decent coverage. But when we lived here in 2000, we only saw the Mexican sports and everytime it was time for the Nat'l. Anthem they cut the coverage. We long to hear the Nat'l. Anthem. We are the same as you, it's on the Olympics 24/7 in my room.
I love reading about all of your adventures. And it's so good to see your face!!!
I am watching Nigeria and Japan play soccer right now.....and I am remembering our days of soccer. Me, you and Jennifer had so much fun on defense. Oh those were the days!
ELIZABETH DASHER!!!!!! How are you? Oh my gosh!!! I came across your blog from Val's blog. Your children are beautiful! Wow, 3 kids.. time flies! I'm going to be checkiing in on your blog often!
Mary D!
Post a Comment