Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

You Might be a Redneck If...

your proudest moment as a mother involves your kids mastery of the mechanical bull.






Some friends took us to a festival last weekend. It had a big inflatable obstacle course (boy do I miss inflatables) that the kids loved! The ran and jumped until their little faces were bright red! Before we left, they were dying to try to ride the mechanical bull- which I was quite surprised to see there (I am glad that we Americans are exporting our best ideas in entertainment- future business idea!). We let them get in line, and helped them jockey for position as lines are very loosely regarded here. When their time came, Noah confidently strode up and did pretty well. He rode for about 4 seconds. Callie timidly mounted the bull, BUT SHE RODE THAT THANG! (You have to express yourself like that when writing about such events). I'm telling you the girl stayed on for all 8 seconds!! The bull came to a stop and everyone stared in amazement, and then started clapping! I am not afraid to admit to you that my heart swelled with pride as I clapped and hollered for my girl. I can promise you that ever since I was a young (cow)girl with an imaginary ranch in the back yard, married to David Hasslehoff, and a Cabbage Patch doll in a makeshift saddle tied to my poor dog's back, I have dreamed of a similar moment. It was beautiful. Time stood still and the grin on that girl's face couldn't be wiped away! No one else rode the bull for the full 8 seconds- not even Noah. A fact that she brought up throughout the rest of the day!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Way to Go Miss Callie!!
Love you, Gamma

Anonymous said...

Way to go lil cowgirl!
What fun
Love ya
Ramona