Powered by Blogger.

Friday, June 12, 2015

First One Down

Today is the last day of school!  Praise the Lord!!  The kids just get their report cards and then return home.  It's a little weird.

Anyhow, my kids all got straight 5s (the equivalent of all As).  I am so proud of them.  They each did really well and are thriving in school in their second language.  In fact, one of Callie's teachers said to me, "I could only give Filiz a 100, but I wish I could give her a higher score.  She works harder, pays more attention, and performs better than all the other kids in her class.  She always asks questions and participates in class.  I don't know how she does it since Turkish isn't even her first language!"  You better believe that my chest swelled up with pride!

I cannot express how happy I am to have my first year of teaching under my belt.  It has been a great and difficult year all balled up into one.  I am thankful for this experience and that they want me back next year.  But, I am even more thankful for the summer to recoup!

No comments: