Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 8, 2015

14 and Awesome

Noah turned 14 today.  Yesterday was a big election in our country.  School is always cancelled the day after elections so that the schools, which are used as polling places, can be cleaned.  Noah was a lucky duck to get the day off of school for his birthday!

We actually started the celebration early.  Noah requested a super-dooper chocolate cake.  So I went ahead and made that for our team meeting on Sunday.

Our sweet teammates brought Noah and Justin Krispy Kreme doughnuts

I'm not sure that you can find a more chocolate-y cake!




One birthday tradition is that the birthday person gets to choose their breakfast.  Noah chose red velvet pancakes with cream cheese butter.  I made them for Valentine's Day and they are every bit as AMAZING as they sound!  I was not sad that he wanted this little slice of heaven!

This picture does not do justice to the sheer yumminess of these pancakes!
Poor Noah didn't get too much special attention on his birthday.  With school ending and us getting ready to head to the States life is a bit hectic right now.  He was happy to just chill out.  We did go out to his favorite restaurant for dinner.

We went shopping for a traditional Turkish outfit for their summer camp's International Night.  Noah got a rocking fez and shalwar (sort of like MC Hammer pants that village folks wear).  


He's pretty much awesome!



No comments: