Today we had our elementary Spelling Bee finals. Lucy had gotten out in the semi-finals on the word champion. She was devastated but I was secretly happy. Working on spelling words is a lot of work! Plus, I was worried that if she did well people would say it was unfair.
I was the main presenter... which had me sweating for days just thinking about it. The whole elementary school was told to wear yellow and black.
 |
| Lucy and I before leaving for school. |
 |
| The elementary kids at morning assembly in their black and yellow. |
 |
| Some of the classroom teachers posing with our champions frame. |
 |
| One of the other English teachers getting things kicked off before she handed it over to me. |
 |
| One of our 2nd grade finalists. |
The Spelling Bee went really well. I was so amazed and proud of how well the kids did. They really memorized some difficult words! I think everyone had fun in the end. But it was so stressful trying to make sure that everything was completely fair and that each word was spelled correctly. Our little third grade winner was so cute when he won. He was shocked! He just stood there with his mouth hanging open! It was adorable. On the other hand... the second runner up for the 4th graders cried her eyes out when she lost. It was so sad!!
1 comment:
How charming--a spelling bee with actual "bees". Too cute!
Post a Comment