Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Observations

1. For the most part, when driving, Americans think about where need to turn and maneuver their car into the appropriate lane beforehand.  Here, folks enjoy turning in any number of directions, including backing-up, regardless of the lane they are in, and usually at the very last minute.  When driving in the left lane be careful for folks making righthand turns from the right lane... without looking!  Actually, when driving make sure you are looking all around you all the time!  You never knew when a car is coming or where it might come from!

2. Don't get me wrong... I like the movie The Sandlot.  I have watched it 11 times over the last two weeks!  My students loved it.  But, during the chase scene at the end of the movie is there no way they could have, 1. shot from different angles or 2. used a neutered dog.  I have seen enough canine gonad to last me a lifetime!

3. The weather is trying to kill me!  It gets warm and beautiful for a day or two and then the cold wet weather comes storming back into town.  It is particularly annoying that the beautiful days are weekdays.

4. I am loving coffee more and more all the time.  Two years ago I wouldn't touch the stuff.  Now I'm not sure I can live without it!  I'm only 37.  Where does this go from here?

5. We are starting to plan our summer schedule.  We will stateside.  YAY!!!  During our time in Georgia Justin and I will attend our 20th high school reunion.  First off, how is it possible that we graduated 20 years ago.  Secondly, at our 10 year reunion it was like, "Heyyyyy!  Oh my word!  How in the world are you?  What are you up to these days?!"  Now we are all on Facebook and "communicate" regularly.  I think it will be like, "Was that chicken dish at P.F. Chang's really as good as it looked in you FB post?"

6. Satan probably loves mosquitos.... and humidity.... and fish sticks.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Item #5---counting down the days!!!!!!!!!