Powered by Blogger.

Friday, April 10, 2015

Losing It

Friends, today I showed my true colors!

All week the middle school classes have participated in a soccer tournament.  Today, Noah's team finally got the chance to play.  They were pitted against the team that everyone had picked to win... the 7th graders.  Well, the main players on the 7th grade team are some of my um... er... more "active" students.  So not only did I want Noah to win, I am not ashamed to say that I wanted the 7th graders to lose!

The tensions were high.  The entire middle school filled the stands.  They brought their drums and horns.  They were cheering and chanting.  It was just like being at a professional match... except all the loudness was contained in the gym!  I'm still deaf.  But that's ok because my voice is also gone!

Being the mom of the goalie in a big game is ridiculous!!  I thought that they were going to have to carry me out on a stretcher!

Warming up before the game
They call Noah the panther!

The 7th grade classes starting to assemble.

Both teams in a photo before the match.
 I tried really hard not to be THAT mom, so I didn't take very many pictures.  But, lawsey mercy, I cheered!  Most of the other teachers sat in the middle of the stands, so as not to choose sides.  Not me!  I was all up in that 8th grade section.  We were cheering, chanting, and screaming out lungs out!
Noah's team was highly outplayed.  But, (this is not a biased opinion) Noah is a really good goalie so he kept them in the game.  About halfway through the second half, they were down 3-1 and one of their players got a red card.  Things looked hopeless.  But then they came alive.  They scored a quick goal, and then another in the very last minute.  We went nuts!!!

They added a 5 minute overtime and the 8th grade boys scored another 2 points!  Yall, I lost it!!  It was awesome.  Everyone agreed that Noah was the Man of the Match.  He saved tons of goals!  It was amazing!  I was puffed up with pride the rest of the day!
The winning team

The tournament continues next week.  They have to play the other 8th grade team.  It will be interesting because their soon to be opponents were cheering their guts out for Noah's team today.  We'll see what happens when they play each other on Tuesday.

I hope I survive!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Wish I could have been there. Plenty of experience with a knot in my stomach as the goalie's Mom. So glad Noah did so well--he is the BEST!

Grandma said...

Noah is awesome. What a great kid and a good goalie too!