Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Children's Day Celebration

Today is International Children's Day.  We had an official ceremony at school this morning and then the rest of the day off.  Yesterday we asked the kids to wear cultural costumes and bring finger foods.  We had a big party the last two hours of school.  

I don't know what happened, but I didn't get a single picture of myself.  I wore jeans, a t-shirt, Converse, and a baseball hat.  I was totally American.  Most of the other kids who dressed up as Americans were Indians with a few hip-hops and kids in jeans thrown in.

I am a total sucker for a kid in a costume and my students did not disappoint.

Japanese

Mexican

Turkish

Arab

Some of the girls from Lucy's class.
They were all dressed as Americans... except Lucy who was dressed in a Spanish mantilla.

Just your typical everyday group of Arabs, cowboys, and Turkish soldiers.

Lucy and her friend Ilayda

My favorite little Arab!

1 comment:

Pat said...

Great idea and some really great costumes. I am always amazed at how creative some people can be.