Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 2, 2015

Teach Her to Cook

So that you can sleep in.  Later on, you can spend the afternoon chatting over tea with the neighbors.  Then you can go get a haircut.  When all the goofing off is over with, you can come home to a perfect roast beef dinner and fancy layered dessert.

Seriously, I know it is painful to cook with little kids.  But, if you hit the kid jackpot like I did, it just might pay off in the end!

My Callie is awesome!!  She rocked it on Saturday!  She got a new cookbook for her birthday.  Planned the menu, made the grocery list, and cooked the entire meal all by herself.  I wasn't even home (Justin was).


Perfect roast beef and glazed carrots

a layered fruit and custard dessert that had us all licking our bowls

So proud of my girl!

4 comments:

Pat said...

Was this delightful meal in the Harry Potter cookbook? If so I guess she likes the books as well as the cookbook. This makes me very happy.

Elizabeth said...

Yes it was, Mom!! She LOVES it! Thank you!

Grandma said...

I can't wait until she comes to my house and cooks for us!

Anonymous said...

precious young lady
sending hugs to you all love ya
Ramona