Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, February 28, 2015

HEADSHOT!

Last week I was on duty outside in the back garden.  The weather was terrible and so hardly anyone was outside.  I was getting bored during our hour long lunch recess so I decided to join my 6th graders in their soccer game.

Well,  my excuse is that it's hard to play soccer in dress shoes so when the ball came to me I struck it wrong.  It zinged off my foot and went straight to the face of our new student!!!

His glasses flew off his face and broke!

Hello!  Welcome to our school!  Here's a shot to the face to help you along your way!

I was mortified!!!!

Luckily he had a great sense of humor about the whole thing.  He wasn't hurt and his glasses snapped back together.

As the story got out the others teachers laughingly congratulated me and said I did a good thing- start him off with a healthy fear of his teachers!  Ha!

The kids are all calling me HEADSHOT!

...at least they are saying it in English!

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Ah, the joys and frustrations of being a teacher....