Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sunday Sneak Peek: Game Time!

Our town has a professional soccer team in one of the lower leagues.   They aren't very good, but the tickets are dirt cheap and the games are fun.  Justin and Noah have been to a few others.  Since Callie and Lucy have absolutely no interest in soccer I've usually stayed home with them.  However, today's game was early enough that we could leave the girls at home by themselves and I could tag along with Justin and Noah.


Pre-game selfie!  Once the game starts, you can forget doing stuff like this.  Noah is way too hard core!  He watches the matches with all his might!


Of course, I love soccer.  But I have a hard time watching the game because the fans are so interesting!  Our local team is pretty terrible.  Yet, if you just watched the fans, you'd think we were in the world cup.  They chant and sing and cuss at the refs with gusto.  There's always a few guys with drums and horns.  We counted two other women in the stands and maybe a handful of kids.  This is a man's game.

Guys stand at the front of the crowd and lead different chants and cheers.  look at this old guy:



He was not happy with our section's mildness so he took it upon himself to oust the cheer-leader (on the right) and get the crowd going himself.  I was just impressed that he could climb up on the wall and then lead us without falling back down!  Good on him!

It was such a fun day with my guys!

1 comment:

Pat said...

Fun time for you three.