I'm thankful for...
1. Our beautiful apartment. It is comfortable, easy to maintain, and in an awesome neighborhood!
2. The 13 kids that I counted outside today playing. Around 2 o'clock this afternoon Lucy came running in saying, "Mom, can you fix me lunch real quick?! I don't have much time to eat, I've got to get back outside to play!"
3. A neighbor called me over for coffee yesterday. It was so nice to sit on her balcony and chat. Her across the hall neighbor also came over so I got to meet a new neighbor.
4. The sweet auntie on the first floor. She keeps a watch out for everyone, is so kind, and bakes things for us constantly! One of the fun traditions here is that you can't return a dish empty. So, I've gotten to bake quite a few things to share with her and the other neighbors.
5. A sweet husband who works hard to make sure we have all that we need. Finances have been extremely tight lately and he has worked really hard to make it work out!
6. Healthy, happy kids who are working hard on our summer homeschool lessons (with only a little bit of complaining). I am so encouraged by the progress I have seen in Noah and Callie's writing and spelling; and by how well Lucy is reading.
7. Our sweet teammates who have already blessed us so much. The Lord knit us together long before we even had a clue that we'd actually be working together!
8. Friends in the big city, and in the States, who email and call to check up on me.

No comments:
Post a Comment