Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Family Fun Night in Progress

Yay!!  Life is finally in a routine and it's time to start Family Fun Night up again!  Every Friday night we have pizza and watch a movie.

Since we just moved, my tomato sauce supply is gone.  So, the day started like this...


After several hours and the immersion blender...


I let the sauce cook a bit more.  But it wasn't thick enough, so I had to transfer it to a pot and put in on the stove.  (I was trying to avoid this because it is too dern hot and I didn't want to waste tons of gas.  But, oh well, it tastes better if you don't add cornstarch so cooking it down is worth it!)


After several more hours of simmering on the stovetop it was perfect!!


Yum-O!


Pizza time!

That night after the sauce had cooled completely I doled it out into freezer bags in two cup servings- perfect for pizza.  Now I'm set for a few months!





1 comment:

Grandma said...

So, are you going to make us pizza next time you come for a visit? I'd also love a pot of your homemade sauce -- I am sure that it is much better than anything I can buy or make.