Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 14, 2014

Ouch!

We are selling a bunch of stuff since we are downsizing.  It is surprising how much we've accumulated!  We arrived 7 years ago with our suitcases and nothing else.  We set up house and after two years moved into a larger apartment.  It was practically empty for quite some time.  But slowly we have filled it, too.  Although it is painful to weed through stuff, I am happy about downsizing.  When you have a large space it just seems to control you!  Keeping it up is exhausting!

Anyhow, slowly but surely people are coming out of the woodwork to buy our things.  Two guys came with a truck today to take a table to one family and a couch to another.  We haven't been able to sell our oven (my precious!).  Of all the stuff I've had to sell, this is probably the thing I least want to get rid of.  I just bought it a year ago after saving for over a year and then searching and waiting until just the right deal popped up.  Unfortunately it won't fit into the space at the new apartment so it has to go!

Tears!

Anyhow, since it hasn't sold our friend offered to store it at his office.  He has a friend that will most likely buy it when he returns next month.  So the guys that were taking the stuff today agreed to also that the oven up to the office.  Well, I just heard them drop it!!

Yep, they dropped it!!

They were trying to load it into their truck and crash!  Triple UGH!!

Justin assured me that they got it all put back together and it's not really damaged.  I'm not sure I believe that's possible!

I really needed the money from the sale of that oven so that I could buy a new one.  Oh well, I guess we're eating salads for a year!  Ha!

1 comment:

Pat said...

It is amazing how much STUFF we accumulate and so much of it is not necessary. I am at the top of the list when it comes to hanging on to things, even after I don't need them anymore.